What: International Equine Conference on Laminitis and Diseases of the Foot
When: November 1 to 3, 2013
Where: Marriott Convention Center
1001 Okeechobee Boulevard • West Palm Beach, Florida 33401 USA
For more information about the Laminitis Conference go to:
The Laminitis Conference provides innovative and useful programs for veterinarians, farriers, horse owners, managers, trainers and technicians. Attendees receive the latest, most advanced science and practical information, including the newest research and techniques used in the treatment of laminitis and other diseases of the foot. It is a valuable opportunity to network with colleagues and peers. Plus, new this year- the Horse Owners Program with a focus on the wellness of the horse provides an opportunity for owners, trainers and barn managers to talk to the experts. All the Conference's events, activities, entertainment and meals are included in registration.
The mission of the Laminitis Conference is to engage veterinarians, farriers, caretakers and the greater equine community in a collaborative effort to advance, expand and disseminate knowledge through research and collective experiences to effectively prevent and treat Equine Laminitis and Diseases of the Foot.
The conference will include:
- The latest research and scientific information on laminitis
- A clinical focus on moving from the laboratory to the horse
- Attendee poster session for the "sharing" of new ideas for future innovations by attendees
- Scholarships and competitive poster program for the next generation of veterinarians from schools and colleges of veterinary medicine across North America and around the world
- A dedicated foot segment for farriers, veterinarians and others interested in the current trends and treatment of foot problems
- An in-depth program for horse owners, managers, trainers and technicians
The Conference is now accepting abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations in the scientific and practical sessions of the conference. Abstracts should be submitted electronically as a Word document, no later than April 1, 2013 to Kate Shanaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about abstract submission go to: http://laminitisconference.com/rfp.pdf
This information was provided by the conference in the form of a press release. The rainbow-swirl horse is by German artist Bernd Wachtmeister and is protected under his copyright.
Follow Hoofcare + Lameness on Twitter: @HoofcareJournal
Read this blog's headlines on the Hoofcare + Lameness Facebook Page
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any direct compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned, other than Hoofcare Publishing. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.