Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Favorite Photo: The Magnificent Shire of Shoes

Now here's something I haven't seen before. This Shire is crafted from hundreds of horseshoes by retired Yorkshire, England businessman Donald Punton. Click here to learn more about him and the horses he builds. I think the blaze and feathers paint is really clever, although I am not sure if the body and legs are painted or just rusted!


QQ said...

The world of horseshoes continues to hold surprises and delights! Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Some time ago here in Cincinnati an artist used horse shoes in her funerary art. Kind of odd, really. Piles of horse shoes and head stones. The symbolism was totally lost on me, and I can't remember the artists' name, but it was yet another use of horse shoes in art.
Thanks for the picture- love this blog!