If you don't have the ho-ho-ho's by the time you're finished watching these, try some egg nog and watch again.
1. First, a montage of Irish Christmas commercials, past and present, including scenes from ads for Guinness, Land Rover, Kerrygold and some other companies I don't recognize (sorry):
2. More from Ireland: I love the Guinness ad, so let's look at that one in its entirety:
3. Everyone knows this one: the 1987 Budweiser Vermont Christmas ad, shot in my old hometown of South Woodstock:
4. I don't remember when the Budweiser Clydesdales took credit for turning on the Christmas lights, but I'm happy they did it in this commercial:
6. Remember when every young girl wanted a pony for Christmas? This has to be the first ad to show a girl rejecting a Christmas pony; it was from Verizon in 2007:
7. And finally, this one is a little Goth but you won't mind. I bet you never thought I'd find a Christmas commercial that would "hit home" with farriers, but here it is! (...wait for it...)
Go ahead, use the little envelope symbol at the bottom of this post to email a link to this video collection and make it your Christmas greeting, too! Or use the symbols to share this on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. Spread the joy to the world!
Happy holidays to all!
Thanks for your support and friendship
and all you do to help horses!
© Fran Jurga and Hoofcare Publishing; Fran Jurga's Hoof Blog is a between-issues news service for subscribers to Hoofcare and Lameness Journal. Please, no use without permission. You only need to ask. This blog may be read online at the blog page, checked via RSS feed, or received via a digest-type email (requires signup in box at top right of blog page). To subscribe to Hoofcare and Lameness (the journal), please visit the main site, www.hoofcare.com, where many educational products and media related to equine lameness and hoof science can be found. Questions or problems with this blog? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Hoofcare + Lameness on Twitter: @HoofcareJournal
Read this blog's headlines on the Hoofcare + Lameness Facebook Page
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any direct compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned, other than Hoofcare Publishing. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.