Topics and speakers for this year's event include:
- Colic: What it Means to You & Your Horse Dr . David Freeman, Gainesville, Fla.
- Equine Reproduction: From Conception to Birth Dr. Ben Espy, San Antonio, Texas.
- Joint Disease & Lameness in the Horse: Why Does it Happen & What Can Be Done About It? Dr. James Casey, Laurel, Md.
- Managing the Health & Well-Being of Your Aging or Geriatric Horse Dr . Nancy Loving, Boulder, Colo.
- First Aid Tips for the Horse Owner (live horse demonstration) Dr. Mark Fitch, Boulder, Colo.
- "The Problem Horse" (live horse demonstration) Dr . Mark Fitch, Boulder, Colo. and John Lyons, Parachute, Colo.
AAEP's Healthy Horses Workshop will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Freeman Coliseum Grounds near downtown San Antonio, Texas. The pre-registration fee before November 6th is $75; after November 6th, please register on-site (on-site registration fee will be $90; lunch will be provided with the cost of registration). To register, visit www.myHorseMatters.com and click on the Healthy Horses Workshop banner or call the AAEP office at (800) 443-0177 (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST).
Note: the information above is from the AAEP and slightly edited to fit HoofBlog style. It is important to note that this event takes place the day BEFORE the AAEP convention really opens, so you might need to adjust your travel plans to attend this event. Saturday at the AAEP Convention is a day for registrations, committee/forum meetings, and for those of us in the shameless commerce sector, setting up the trade show and tracking down lost shipments. The trade show will not be open that day. As a member of the press corps, I would love to be everywhere at once and will no doubt try.